Kyoto has been holding the reputation as the birthplace of high quality of tea. The plant is flourishing especially in Uji, which is located on the south in Kyoto, for the reasons below.
Rich nature and environment suited to the cultivation
• There are two rivers running - the Kizu river and the Uji river - through, and morning mist comes up from both rivers gives enough moisture to tea trees. And the property in Uji surrounded by many mountains is suitable for the growing of tea.
Tradition rooted on this area
• Until the Kamakura Era, Kyoto was the center of everything; culture, academy, art, architecture, economy, and politics. And the way of tea had been formed and sharpened, and refined by many great pioneers like Eisai or Senno-Rikyu(Tea Master), and its style and thought still remain as the part of Japanese tradition.
Ujinotsuyuseicha Co., Ltd. is an Uji-based manufacture, having the aim at spreading our tradition through tea to all over the world.
Features & Benefits
Sencha, the predominant tea beverage consumed in Japan today, has refreshing, soft taste with nice flavor. Suitable for everyone.
Dosage/How To Use
1. Prepare the water fully boiled
2. Warm the cup and teapot with hot water
3. Put one teaspoonful of tea leaves in teapot
4. Pour one cup of hot water (around 158°F/ 70°C) over tea leaves
until green tea turns bitter and strong with boiling water
5. Steep it for 60-90 seconds or to your desired strength
6. Empty the content of teapot til the last drop