The Ricoh Lens A16 24-85mm f/3.5-5.5 Camera Unit 5 is designed for use with Ricohs GXR camera system. This camera unit is a combined lens, image sensor, and image processor within one single enclosure. This entire unit slips into the GXR body and eliminates the possibility of dust between the optics and sensor.
This camera unit offers 16.2MP of resolution in conjunction with an APS-C-sized CMOS sensor. The imaging sensor is powered by the Smooth Imaging Engine IV image processor, enabling quick performance and increased low-light sensitivity. The combination of these elements results in high quality imagery with low noise, fine detail across gradients, and enhanced visual depth.
The optical component of this camera unit includes a 24-85mm f/3.5-5.5 lens featuring 11 glass elements, with 3 aspherical lenses, within 9 groups. This lens construction helps to dramatically reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions across the entire zoom range. The 3.5x optical zoom covers a range of focal lengths from a standard wide angle view to a normal portrait-length lens.
In addition to the optical and imaging attributes of this lens, it also incorporates a number of design elements to simplify and enhance image-making. Dynamic range compensation automatically recognizes scenes where highlights are blown or shadows are blocked up and compensates for them by reducing their exposure value and keeping them within the dynamic range of the image. ISO bracketing also helps to ensure proper exposure by automatically recording 3 bracketed frames with a single exposure. This varies from standard bracketing practice because it allows the aperture and shutter speed to remain constant, permitting control of focus and movement.
- 24-85mm f/3.5-5.5 Lens
- The 24-85mm f/3.5-5.5 lens features 11 elements within 9 groups, including 3 aspherical lenses with 6 surfaces. This lens construction helps to dramatically reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions across the entire zoom range and improve color fidelity and contrast. The 3.5x optical zoom covers a range of focal lengths from a standard wide angle view to a normal portrait-length lens. It also features 9 rounded aperture blades for an aesthetic bokeh.
- 16.2 Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor
- The camera unit contains a 23.6 x 15.7mm CMOS sensor with 16.2 megapixels of resolution. The large-sized sensor and resolving power combination provides significant visual depth as well as an enhanced ability to render gradients and produce images with immense visual detail and clarity. This sensor is powered by the Smooth Imaging Engine IV, which helps to improve noise reduction and low-light sensitivity as well.
- Dynamic Range Compensation
- Dynamic range compensation mimics post production HDR-imaging techniques and automatically reduces the exposure value of highlights and increases the value of the shadows for adequately containing all visual detail within a single frame.
- ISO Bracketing
- ISO bracketing allows you to automatically capture up to three successive images varying ISO sensitivities. By bracketing with the ISO sensitivity instead of shutter speed or aperture, you are able to keep the same movement and blur control as well as maintain depth of field throughout all three images.
- Maintain Exposure Setting Between Shots
- If the shutter button is kept half-pressed between taking images, you can maintain all of the same image settings between frames (including focus, white balance, and exposure settings). This is especially useful during portrait sessions or situations where you are photographing within constant lighting situations.
- RAW Image Recording
- In addition to RAW JPEG recording modes, you are also able to solely record images in the RAW (DNG) file format. This helps to conserve memory card space and takes into account that the images being recorded will be manipulated during post-production.
- White Saturation Display
- Similar in approach to the zebra function found on many professional-grade camcorders, this display setting automatically overlays a pattern over highlights that have reached a pure white or overexposed state. This mode helps you effectively judge an appropriate exposure to avoid blowing your highlights while still maintaining manual control over the exposure.
- Accurate Auto and Manual Focus System
- This camera unit provides helpful measures for accomplishing the sharpest focus whether you are working with the integral autofocus system or controlling it manually. The AF system is based off of 2 modes allowing you to choose between spot focusing or a more general point array. Focus assist functions help confirm focus in manual settings and resemble that of a peaking mode; where colored contrast lines are superimposed around the subjects edges, providing more objective determinates for focusing. You can also magnify the image on the cameras LCD by 4x or 8x for closer monitoring within smaller areas of the image.
- Enhanced Tilt Function
- Especially useful when photographing landscapes and horizons, this function overlays a level to help you line up the horizon in plumb fashion. The level moves with the camera and remains an objective marker for comparative compositions.
- Scene Modes
- The A16 24-85mm f/3.5-5.5 includes 5 unique scene modes for in-camera creative image-making possibilities. Soft focus mode employs a softening layer over your image and helps to produce glowing highlights and soften details. Cross process mode mimics the appearance of cross processing film and shifts colors drastically. Toy camera mode reduces sharpness and gives your images a grittier, emotive feeling similar to photographing with a plastic lens. Miniaturize skews the focus for creating a more ambiguous sense of scale within your images. High contrast black and white mode automatically converts your images to grayscale and increases the contrast for a more dramatic appearance.
- Exposure Settings
- Due in part to the Smooth Imaging Engine IV, this camera unit features sufficient low-light sensitivity from ISO 200-3200. Shutter speeds can also be controlled from 1/3200 to 180 seconds using time and bulb settings.
- Metadata Alteration
- Copyright information can be directly embedded into images metadata from the camera for an expedited post-production workflow. Images can also be flagged from the camera to improve searching for specific images and noting crucial images for efficiency.
- Full HD Video
- This camera unit includes full HD recording capabilities with the 1280 x 720/30p format. Video recording can also happen in 480p and 240p SD formats. HD video can be output through the HDMI terminal and SD video can utilize the standard A/V terminal.
- Additional Specifications
- White Balance: Auto, Multi-P AUTO, Outdoors, Cloudy, Incandescent Lamp 1, Incandescent Lamp 2, Fluorescent Lamp, Manual Settings, Detail (white balance bracketing).
- Flash (with GF-1 optional flash unit):Method: TTL, manual, external auto. Flash mode: Anti Red-eye, Flash On, Flash Synchro, Manual. Firing timing: 1st/2nd curtain sync.
- Shooting Mode: Auto, program shift, aperture priority, shutter priority, manual exposure, scene (movie, portrait, sports, landscape, nightscape, skew correction, miniaturize, high contrast B&W, soft focus, cross process, toy camera), My Settings.
- Continuous Mode: Noise Reduction off: 3 frames. Noise Reduction on: 2 frames. M-Cont Plus HI (1280 x 856): 30 frames (30 fps). M-Cont Plus LO (4928 x 3264): 14 frames (2.5 fps).
- File Formats: JPEG (FINE, NORMAL), RAW (DNG).
- Image Size:
16:9 4928×2768, 3456×1944
4:3 4352×3264, 3072×2304, 2592×1944, 2048×1536, 1280×960, 640×480
3:2 4928×3264, 3456×2304
1:1 3264×3264, 2304×2304
- Movie Size: 1280×720, 640×480, 320×240
- File Size:
16:9 NORMAL: 23,445 KB/frame, FINE: 25,703 KB/frame, VGA: 20,508 KB/frame, RAW only: 20,332 KB/frame
4:3 NORMAL: 24,443 KB/frame, FINE: 26,795 KB/frame, VGA: 21,405 KB/frame, RAW only: 21,181 KB/frame
3:2 NORMAL: 27,603 KB/frame, FINE: 30,265 KB/frame, VGA: 24,139K KB/frame RAW only: 23,937 KB/frame
1:1 NORMAL: 18,383 KB/frame, FINE: 20,147 KB/frame, VGA: 16,105 KB/frame RAW only: 15,929 KB/frame
16:9 NORMAL: 2,901 KB/frame, FINE: 4,999 KB/frame
4:3 NORMAL: 3,041 KB/frame, FINE: 5,226 KB/frame
3:2 NORMAL: 3,415 KB/frame, FINE: 5,889 KB/frame
1:1 NORMAL: 2,288 KB/frame, FINE: 3,927 KB/frame
16:9 NORMAL: 1,481 KB/frame, FINE: 2,514 KB/frame
4:3 NORMAL: 1,579 KB/frame, FINE: 2,668 KB/frame
3:2 NORMAL: 1,749 KB/frame, FINE: 2,974 KB/frame
1:1 NORMAL: 1,192 KB/frame, FINE: 2,008 KB/frame
5M: 4:3 FINE: 2,293 KB/frame
3M: 4:3 FINE: 1,479 KB/frame
1M: 4:3 FINE: 818 KB/frame
VGA: 4:3 FINE: 202 KB/frame
- Battery Life: Approx. 400 shots per charge
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F / 0-40°C
- Storage Temperature: -4-140°F / -20-60°C
- Operating Humidity: 90% or less
|Focal Length|| 24 - 85 mm |
Comparable APS-C Focal Length: 15.7 - 55.5 mm
|Aperture|| Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.5 |
Minimum: f/22 - 22
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.8" (24.89 cm)|
|Filter Thread||Front: 55 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.81 x 3.67" (71.4 x 93.3 mm)|
|Weight||12.35 oz (350 g)|
- Lens Cap
- Connector Cap
- Instruction Manual